- We ask that you bring a sleeping bag as there are no facilities for laundry onboard. If you are taking a trip in the Spring or fall a warm sleeping bag is recommended. We do provide bedding for our overseas guests, because of weight restrictions when flying to North America.
- Rain gear needs to be completely waterproof - to remain comfortable in windy and wet conditions - and strong enough to stand up to wear.
- Rubber boots should be comfortable. Knee high boots will ensure dry feet. Expect daily use stepping ashore from small boats at the oceans edge and walking in wet coastal rainforest. Rubber boots are essential.
- We cannot accommodate suitcases aboard the boat and ask that your clothing and equipment be brought aboard in soft sided, compressible bags, for example duffel bags or some other soft case that can be easily stowed.
- Plan to dress in layers to accommodate changes in weather. A good, light thermal layer can go along way to providing comfort. Dont forget your hat and gloves.
- Please be aware that there may be weight restrictions for float planes, if your trip includes this option.
- If you are concerned about seasickness your doctor can recommend medications designed to prevent motion sickness. - We do not travel in rough waters, and anchor each night in a secluded bay.
- If you are travelling on a Southeast Alaska departure, a passport is needed! Trips aboard the Island Odyssey or the Snow Goose require participants bring identification for clearing customs and immigration. A birth certificate and passport are the best type of identification. USA regulations now require all travellers to the USA to have passports.