Trip Logistics / Crew CoordinatorHours: Full Time, Monday-Friday
Season: Year Round
Areas of Operation: Office based in North Vancouver
Proposed Job Start Date: Feb 1, 2021
We are looking for an individual who is highly motivated, acutely organized, and a keen problem-solver/ opportunity-finder. You have supervisory experience and enjoy working in an open-office environment. You have knowledge and great appreciation of the BC coast, conservation and sustainability - experience in sailing or boating would be very helpful.
A Business or Tourism Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Extensive experience in office and sales environment, preferably in tourism
- Very well-organized, efficient and flexible for a variety of tasks
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Excellent computer knowledge – MS Office, G Suite
- Experience using CRM software
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to provide elevated and caring customer service
What Sets You Apart?
- Familiarity of coastal British Columbia
- Knowledge of coastal First Nations
- Interest wildlife and the outdoors, experience sailing/ boating, conservation & sustainability and coastal history
- Your understanding of digital marketing esp. Facebook, Instagram, Blogging/content creation
- Desktop publishing – InDesign/ Photoshop
- What have you got to bring?
Job Description & ResponsibilitiesThe Logistics Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the smooth coordination of expedition logistics through good planning and organization. Although our office operates year round, Bluewater Adventures is a seasonal business providing a very dynamic and interesting work environment.
- Regional logistics scheduling: Haida Gwaii , Northern Vancouver Island, Southeast Alaska, Khutzeymateen Grizzly Sanctuary, Great Bear Rainforest and the Gulf Islands
- Liaise with local suppliers in remote coastal areas, Parks and First Nations.
- Assist in the hiring of seasonal Crew, Crew scheduling and assisting with required certifications
- Create Crew Contracts
- Key communicator with Bluewater Adventures Crew
- Annual Crew Training – organization and support
- Crew flight organization and purchasing
- Wildlife viewing schedule
- Liaise with other Small Ship Tour Operators
- Trouble shooting/ assisting Crew in problem solving
- Sharing “On Call” shifts
- Creating expedition files with detailed information for Crew
- Organize Forest Service Permits, Park Permits, Usage Reports
- Organize cross-border travel for vessels and Crew
- Assist others in your office team when needed
- Assist in the re-emergence of COVID-19 – updating safety plans based on BCCDC and WorkSafe BC
Please send your Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you! No phone calls please.